Responsible for all aspects of information technology (IT) operations/strategies and overseeing software systems analysis and programming applicable to RA Nelson, LLC
- Monitor, maintain, and perform upgrades associated with all corporate IT assets (hardware, software, applications, and peripherals).
- Manage and corporate IT asset procurement.
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures.
- Strategically research and present technology-based solutions.
- Troubleshoot all hardware or software issues.
- Work with corporate management to develop IT budgeting and system planning.
- Daily attendance is required. After hours works will also be expected on an as-needed basis.
- Organize and manage information sources such as corporate files, data security and control, and disaster recovery planning.
- Ensure proper information back-up & archiving. Develop a strategy for archiving and facilitating data searches.
- Direct oversight and management of all 3rd party IT vendors, including all cloud and hosted environment servicing agreements.
- Research products/solutions and train staff on various software.
- Produce detailed timeline for each application release and implement effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status.
- Participate on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Oversee the installation and operation of computer systems, workstations, and software.
- Oversee and manage accounts for other hardware such as company cell phones, tablets, landlines, copiers, etc.
Assumes additional responsibilities as directed by Regional Managers or President
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Broad knowledge of data processing systems, concepts, and methodologies
- Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in implementing effective and innovative software development methodologies
- Proven ability to lead a progressive IT user group
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and motivate professional staff
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- 2-year college degree (Information Technology/Computer Science helpful but not necessary)
- 5+ years’ experience
Work Environment/Physical Activities
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations. Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure. Must have a long attention span to listen to people, perceive the real problems and bring issues to a successful conclusion.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans. Must understand people and be able to communicate effectively with them.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
- Job requires visitation and/or work at offices, client, or job sites, so must be able to drive or to use alternative transportation services to assure timely attendance for such work visits.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Dell Computers/Windows OS
Apple iPhone and iPad
Comcast ISP/Business Voice
Sophos End Point Solution
On-Screen Take Off (OST)
Active Directory/Azure Active Directory