Positions open in Avon and Carbondale. Pay range: $80,000 – $130,000.
Provides overall management direction of internal team for one or more projects, establishes project objectives and policies, initiates and maintains liaison with clients, owners, municipalities, design review board, HOA personnel, architects, engineers, designers, subcontractors and suppliers. Responsible for the administration, contractual requirements and overall profitability of the projects. This position acts as the transition from pre-construction to construction.
- Manage all aspects of construction of assigned project to ensure project is built on or ahead of schedule and under or within budget and in accordance with the contract documents and to the appropriate level of quality, all in conjunction with the Superintendent. Must establish and assure maintenance of project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards in accordance with Company standards
- Responsible for submittals, RFI’s, ASI’s and ensuring that materials are on site when needed.
- Manage all financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to assure financial obligations are met, minimizing financial or other risks, and liaising with Accountants, sub-contractors and owners.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, delegation and oversight of team members’ duties for assigned project to ensure timely completion in order to facilitate construction and ensure profitability.
- Prepare and conduct monthly cost to complete meetings.
- Acts as Company representative in project, negotiating and strategic meetings, and negotiates on behalf of Company as necessary. Participates in all internal project meetings to inform Senior Management, Estimating, etc. of project progress, procedures, etc.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Superintendent, for developing and implementing the project specific SHMP and adhering to all safety protocols.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Superintendent, for developing and implementing the project specific QCMP and ensuring required documentation.
- Daily attendance is required.
- Work with outside consultants on an as needed basis
- Coordinate and present weekly meetings as needed. Sets agenda and finalizes minutes.
- Responsible for maintaining excellent client relationships.
- Attend status meetings, conduct OAC meetings as needed.
- Manages team members assigned to project, including task assignment, performance review, training, counseling and regular appraisal of subordinates. Has significant say in hiring and firing team members.
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures or involve Senior Management as required.
Assumes additional responsibilities as directed by Regional Manager or President
Works primarily independently
- Extensive knowledge of construction design, finance, business and management
- Thorough knowledge of construction cost accounting
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal experience to deal with a variety of people
- Ability to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action to achieve Company goals
- Thorough working knowledge of project management and scheduling concepts, process and construction software
- Excellent time management skills
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes and their impact on a project
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to read and interpret a contract
- Problem solving skills
- Crisis management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- A degree in construction management or a similar degree, or a combination of technical training and/or related experience is applicable
- 5+ years project management
- Estimating and preconstruction experience beneficial
Work Environment/Physical Activities
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people. Is frequently called upon to handle difficult situations.
- Must be able to deal with a variety of emotions and frustrations in making business decisions. Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this person.
- Must handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
- Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to analyze causes of interpersonal conflict and resolve complex communication issues (i.e., undefined roles, objectives and information gaps).
- Must have a long attention span in order to listen to people, perceive the real problems and bring issues to a successful conclusion.
- Must be able to make effective decisions in manager’s absence.
- Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans. Must understand people and be able to communicate effectively with them.
- Ability to do complex math calculations, input data into the computer and analyze data as required.
- Job requires visitation and/or work at offices, client or job sites, so must be able to drive or to use alternative transportation services to assure timely attendance for such work visits.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
PDF Management Software
Plan Management Software
Contract Management Software