At RA Nelson, we are as dedicated to our employees as we are to our clients. From offering continuing education opportunities, to providing scholarships to dependents, and supporting personal pursuits, we consider everyone at RA Nelson a part of the family. We are regarded as the premier employer in mountain construction and recruit talented and passionate individuals to complement our ever-growing number of opportunities and projects. For a full job description for any of the below listings, please send inquiries to [email protected]
– Health Insurance
– Health Savings Accounts or Flex Spending Accounts
– Dental Insurance
– Life & Disability Insurance
– 401K Plan with matching contribution
– Generous Paid Time Off
Beyond the Norm Benefits:
– Dependent scholarship program for employee dependents from 1st grade through college. We support both physical and intellectual pursuits, including academics, athletics, and the arts.
– Company events planned by the Fun Club (yes, we have a Fun Club) including raft trips, picnics, BBQ’s, pizza parties, theme parties, annual holiday party, and more!
– Monthly birthday lunches
– Continuing education opportunities
– Parental leave
– Colorado Rockies tickets
– Volunteer opportunities | Up to 8 paid hours of community service
– Corporate Wellness Program | Cash bonus to top participants
– Summer mountain bike team and winter company ski days
Director of Marketing (Vail Valley)
The Director of Marketing is responsible for creating proposals in response to RFP/Q’s in order to “sell” RA Nelson’s expertise, experience, services and values to our clients, as well as plan and execute a year round marketing strategy in our community.
– Oversees all marketing presentations through selection and preparation of personnel for presentations including, meetings, interview preparation / practice sessions, etc. and review, edit,
and production of ‘marketing proposals’ (RFPs, FRQs, etc.) submitted to clients for the procurement of work
– Selects and oversees creation of all material deliverables, ensuring a consistent /complimentary layout and brand image, accurate information, articulate dialog, and high quality collateral
– Responsible for creating an annual marketing plan, including marketing operational budget and assuring adherence thereto
– Creates and develops content for RA Nelson’s website, blog, and other social media tools and assures they are consistent with marketing strategy and annual plan.
– Responsible for creation and implementation of a marketing strategy to maintain RA Nelson’s public image through public relation channels, community events, volunteer opportunities,
charitable giving, and other avenues.
– Analyze market research to develop and choose most effective strategy for business development opportunities.
Project Manager (Snowmass Village / Roaring Fork)
The Project Manager provides overall management direction of internal teams, establishes project objectives and policies, and maintains relationships with the clients and project team. Must establish and assure maintenance of project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards in accordance with company standards. Additional responsibilities include:
– Responsible for the administration, contractual requirements and overall profitability of the project.
– Manage all aspects of construction to ensure project is built on or ahead of schedule, and under or within budget and in accordance with the contract documents.
– Manage all financial aspects of contracts to ensure financial obligations are met
– Responsible for planning, organizing, delegation, and oversight of team members’ duties for assigned project to ensure timely completion.
– Acts as company representative in project, negotiating, and strategic meetings, and negotiates on behalf of the company as necessary.
Superintendent (Snowmass Village / Roaring Fork)
The Superintendent is responsible for total construction effort to insure the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. They are responsible for all matters pertaining to jobsite safety, project schedule, and quality control. Responsibilities include:
– Manage all employees, laborers, and subcontractors to ensure personnel comply with project procedures, health & safety program requirements, etc.
– Plan, coordinate, and supervise all on-site functions such as scheduling and material control.
– Maintain record of all safety violations and implements corrective actions as required.
The Project Engineer plans, develops, coordinates, and manages on-site construction engineering activities for projects and assist Project Managers and Superintendents to ensure project success. Responsibilities include:
– Interpret, coordinate, and review constructability complex shop drawings and submittals
– Manage RFI and ASI process
– Manage change order process
– Assist with writing subcontract and purchase agreement scopes of work and other contract exhibits.
The Assistant Superintendent assists in managing the day-to-day activities at a specific project. Responsibilities include:
– Supervise and work with subcontractors and laborers assigned to their area of responsibility
– Act as a liaison between field engineering, estimating, and workers to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications.
– Assists in planning work schedules, determining manpower levels, materials quantities, equipment, and requirements are maintained.
The Estimator is responsible for the preparation of schematic, conceptual, and final estimates. Responsibilities include:
– Prepare detailed estimates based on the analysis of proposal specifications, drawings, and historical data and subcontractor proposals.
– Prepare detailed take off’s and quantity surveys.
– Responsible for maintaining and updating estimates based on updated design documents, as well as tracking cost variances from previous estimates.
– Provide value engineering as required and make recommendations
The Foreman organizes, directs, and controls the work of field personnel as well as schedule equipment in order to meet project objectives of safety, cost, quality, equipment, and sustainability.
Looking for an experienced Carpenter who knows how to read plans and builds to specifications using carpentry tools.
The Laborer performs a variety of routine tasks working with a variety of hand equipment and some heavy equipment.
Email resumes to [email protected]